JOURNEY of JAPAN (hereinafter “this Service”) is a website and smartphone app service for overseas visitors to Japan that is operated by Sumitomo Mitsui Card Company, Limited (hereinafter “this Firm”). Please first consent to the JOURNEY of JAPAN (hereinafter “these Terms of Service”) below before using this service.
Article 1: Disclaimers
- 1.This Firm shall do our best to make sure that the information in the articles, images (including photographs), headlines, figures and software contained in this Service (hereinafter referred to as the “Content”) is appropriate, accurate, timely and meets the needs of our users. However, this shall not constitute any kind of guarantee in relation to this for users or third parties.
- 2.This Firm shall edit and publish the Content contained in this Service after checking the details of this. However, there is a possibility the Content may lack accuracy, completeness, legality, safety and usability. This Firm shall accept absolutely no responsibility even if a user or third party suffers damages or disadvantages due to such Content.
- 3.It may not be possible to use the functions of this Service due to bugs, function defects, errors, failures, the communication status and other factors. This Firm shall accept absolutely no responsibility even if a user or third party suffers damages or disadvantages because it is not possible to use the functions of this Service.
- 4.This Firm may change or remove part or all of this Service without prior notice to users. This Firm shall accept absolutely no responsibility even if a user or third party suffers damages or disadvantages due to changes or removal of this Service.
- 5.This Firm shall accept absolutely no responsibility even if a user or third party suffers damages or disadvantages caused by the unauthorized modification of this Service, unauthorized access to data related to this Service or unauthorized acts (e.g. the infection of a computer virus) .
Article 2: Copyright
- 1.The editing copyright of the Content contained in this Service shall belong to this Firm.
- 2.The copyright and other intellectual property rights (hereinafter referred to as the “Copyright”) of the Content in the articles and similar provided by this Firm shall belong to this Firm or the third party that created and edited it with the consent of this Firm.
- 3.The Copyright relating to the Content of articles with a provider specified and the photographs and similar associated with these shall belong to the respective suppliers of the Content.
- 4.Users shall not reprint, duplicate, publish, broadcast, publically transmit or commit other acts that infringe on the Copyright, nor shall users make third parties commit such acts, in regards to all or part of the Content provided through this Service without the prior approval of this Firm.
Article 3: Links
In principle, it is possible to freely link to this Service if you follow the precautions below provided you are not doing so with the intention of making a profit.
- Please link to the top page of this service and the pages of each article in principle.
- Direct links to images, videos or similar are prohibited.
- Links in a form that display pages in this Service combined with other content and links that are displayed as part of the homepage of the link source are strictly prohibited.
- Links that impair, or may impair, the social credibility of this Firm and links that produce, or may produce, economic loss to this Firm are prohibited.
- If this Firm requests that you stop providing a link, you must do so immediately regardless of the reason.
- Those that provide the links shall deal with the responsibility and expense of troubles and damages related to links.
- In the event this Firm suffers any damages, you shall accept the claim for damages from this Firm.
- This Firm shall refuse links that we determine link to sponsored content.
Article 4: Violations of These Terms of Service
In the event a user violates these Terms of Service, this Firm shall reserve the right to stop and prohibit the said user from using this Service. Moreover, this Firm shall reserve the right to be able to claim either the equivalent amount of profit obtained by the said user or the amount of damages suffered by this Firm due to the said act of violation, whichever is greater.
Article 5: Revisions to These Terms of Service
This Firm shall reserve the right to revise these Terms of Service without prior notice to users and without the need to obtain their prior consent. A user who uses this Service after these Terms of Service have been revised shall be deemed to have agreed to the revised Terms of Service.
Article 6: Governing Law and Jurisdiction
- 1.The governing law of these Terms of Service shall be Japanese law.
- 2.The court of exclusive jurisdiction in the first instance for any disputes arising between this Firm and users pertaining to these Terms of Service and this Service shall be the Tokyo District Court.
Article 7: Contact Information
If you have any opinions or questions about this Service, please contact us on the following website.
Date of Enactment: 9/30, 2016